Wednesday, February 27, 2013


How Gentrification Ruined My Sex Life


Kofi Fosu Forson


Blue Italians wearing hipster shit make a go at me the day I moved in

Macho of the two knocks on my door begs me come up listen to AC/DC

Femme boys don’t listen to AC/DC all I hear is pounding on their wall

Smiling with teeth like seeds from cantaloupe thinking he wants to score

I tell him about my love for Italian girls to fuck him off the hell away

Soon became victim of witch hunt not from LES Latina Slayer Girls

Berlin in the East Village white boys waxing ghetto on Avenue B and C

Black intellectuals caught wandering will be held captive made invisible

Fearing for my life I lived inside a bedroom waiting for bomb to hit it

Surfing through social mediocrity I came across other potential victims

On a snowy day somewhere in Italy a girl was listening to Miles Davis

A friend what is a friend of thousand friends I imagine snow her body

Polish girl made Italy her home modeled for a living how could I not

Poking back and forth poking as if we were having virtual foreplay

Fucking my fingers thinking each time I came she was on the verge

Blue Italian in the room upstairs could sense I was fucking a ghost

Soon he became ghost of the virtual lover whenever I was turned on

Fantasizing about her when it was him I knew I had to kill her off

Killed ghost of Polish model virtually murdered her so many ways

Virtual blood on these hands so I requested a friendship nothing more

Found love bullet to heart kind of love car crashes at night kind of love

She was blowing me it felt really good something she learnt from queer

Couldn’t come inside of her ghost of blue Italians possessed my cock

We heard Mexican couple humping through the ceiling where she lived

Brooklyn sex I loved her into thinking I was Screaming Jay Hawkings

Not the East Village those neighborhood boys were Italian Vampires

Tried everything feng shui prayer book light therapy Victoria Secrets

We wanted sex but a sort of dark energy followed us around the room

Didn’t know how to fuck anymore – Gentrification ruined our sex life

No comments: