Saturday, March 29, 2008

Strange Beautiful
(for Donna Benfatti)
Kofi Fosu Forson

Venus fell before my eyes in black leather pants
Her hair was blonder than blonde like the girls in the band

I watched her desperately while biting into a fruit
That aura of Venus left me with a citrus tongue

Always thought she was Scandinavian
Found out that she came from a place in Brooklyn

Venus is strange and beautiful

My German doll had left me open to see
What I could find since our love was broken

Venus was waiting one day among a pigeon parade
She had a face of cream-colored vanilla-shade

Courage cradled a comb that I served through the air
My lips formed to speak the words of an innocent child

Always had a word for the pretty ones
Swallowed my lame bar-room line made me see

Venus is strange and beautiful

My German doll had left me open to see
What I could find since our love was broken

I went to the movie show with Venus
Did not know why the sky was opening

Could it be the heavens had sent me an angel
For the days when my colors went dry

Venus is free now; she has her own little world
She comes to me from Queens now

Calm as the sea with a set of fiery curls

Copyright Barking Dogs Suicide Music

No comments: